An on-line journal of poems, essays, articles and other creative reflections on the Forest created as part of the Long-Term Ecological Reflections program at the H.J. Andrews Experimental Forest
THE DISCOVERY LECTURE (2011)
Bill Mckibben: "350: The Most Important Number in the World"
Bill Mckibben: Bill McKibben, Terra Interview
THE EYE OF THE STORM : THINKING COMMUNITY GATHERING
SONG FOR THE BLUE OCEAN: SCIENCE ARTS AND ETHICS (2011)
Carl Safina: "Song for the Blue Ocean"
Julia Whitty: "Our Deep Blue Home"
Rick Steiner: "A Call to Act on Behalf of the Oceans"
Judith Barrington: "Poems for the Blue Ocean"
2008 IDEAS MATTER lecture series:
Who Owns the Sky? ~ The Tragedy or Triumph of the Commons
Click on a title to view the video through the OSU Media Manager website. Choose from standard or high quality once the page opens. For more information about this series and to view the full schedule, please click here.
- Devon Peña (January 17, 2008): "Restoring the Commons: The Struggles of Mesoamerican Diaspora Farmers and Multigenerational Acequia Farmers."
- Eric Freyfogle (January 24, 2008): “Conservation's Missing Framework”
- Charles Wilkinson (January 31, 2008): “The Commons and Community Gone Bad: The Break-Up of the Great Siletz Reservation”
- Mark Hixon (February 14, 2008): "The Ocean Commons: Unseen Tragedy, Elusive Triumph"
- Kim Stanley Robinson (February 21, 2008): "The Future Is a Commons"
- Mary Wood ( February 28, 2008): "Nature's Trust: A Legal Paradigm for Natural Resources Stewardship" (Click here for Mary Wood's webiste)
- David Korten (March 13, 2008): “Navigating the Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community”
2004 Lecture Series:
All files in this series are in audio format and open with Quicktime Player. They may take a few moments to load. For more information about this series and to view the full schedule, click here.
October 28, 2004
- N. Scott Momaday: Part 1
October 29, 2004
- Marcus Borg
- Joanna Macy: Introduction; Part 1; Part 2; Part 3; Q&A 1; Q&A 2
- Seyyid Hossein Nasr
- Kathleen Dean Moore: Part 1
- Chet Raymo, OSU Chamber Choir and the Corvallis-OSU Chamber
Orchestra: In the Beginning: the Music of Creation, featuring the world premiere of a new composition for choir, percussion, piano, and sampled sounds of the cosmos by Michael Coolen: Track 1; 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; 9; 10; 11; 12; 13; 14; 15; 16; 17; 18; 19; 20; 21; 22; 23; 24; 25
October 30, 2004
- Panel Discussion with Marcus Borg, Joanna Macy, Kathleen Dean Moore, Seyyid Hossein Nasr, and Chet Raymo:
OTHER LECTURES AND PRESENTATIONS
- Mary Evelyn Tucker (October 26, 2007): "The Emerging Alliance of Religion and Ecology"
- Bridging Boundaries: Scientists, Creative Writers, and the Long View of the Forest an article by Frederick J. Swanson, Charles Goodrich, and Kathleen Dean Moore describing overview of the LTEReflections program, published in Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, (2008).
- 20/20 Vision an article by Nicolas Houtman about the Spring Creek Project and the Reflections program at the Andrews, from Terra: A world of research and creativity at Oregon State University (Spring 2006).
- Philosophy of Nature Course Reading List (pdf)